How and why I am a creative chocoholic
Hi, I’m Cyndi and I love chocolate. I love chocolate so much that I create joy around it and do my best to share that with others. I identify as a chocoholic because chocolate touches all areas of my life.
I combine my passion for chocolate with my love of art through all sorts of mediums.
- Trained as a goldsmith (2 years in my pre-chocolate life) I use these skills to create a line of chocolate-themed bronze and sterling silver jewellery made using different techniques.
Other ways I bring art and chocolate love together include, but are not limited to:
- fabric design featuring cacao, that I then use to sew pouches that are ideal for a chocolate stash in your purse or backpack to take on the go
- large scale art pieces that showcase chocolate wrappers, like this piece that hangs in my office made from chocolate bar wrappers
- screen printed towels and greeting cards printed with my own original designs
- postcard designs for sharing happy mail with others
- diy projects you can make using old chocolate packaging, these are found on my blog
- fun greeting card designs and custom design work using my Cricut (cutting) machine with a variety of mediums, like these fun cacao pod key chains made from faux leather and vinyl.
- Happy Mail for Chocolate Lovers, a monthly subscription that allows me to create and send out chocolate themed products, but no actual edible chocolate. This fun monthly subscription allows me to explore different mediums and share my making and love of chocolate with people all around the world. It also has a growing community platform on Patreon that I hope becomes more active over time. Happy Mail for Chocolate Lovers is taking a break December 2022 and January 2023 to rest and dream up all the new ideas for the year ahead, but you can visit the site, download some free printables and read some of the posts.
In the past I have:
- tasted a lot of chocolate
- worked as a chocolatier
- provided consultations for chocolate makers and chocolatiers about their product
- designed and illustrated The Chocolate Notebook
- led groups in chocolate tastings
- curated chocolate for special events
- connected people to each other
- taken classes through Ecole Chocolat and International Institute of Cacao and Chocolate Tasting
- visited cacao trees in Maui
- worked with children in a variety of settings extensively
- written about chocolate
- taken photos and worked on social media
- judged for the International Chocolate Awards
What the future holds:
- more wonderful bites, sips, and tastes of chocolate
- I hope that 2023 brings many opportunities to work with others in the chocolate world. This could be through art, tastings, travel, video calls, custom work, design, events and beyond.
Interested? Send me a message and we can talk.
The photo collage at the top of the page includes:
- 3D Paper Cacao Pod Ornaments (top right)
- Cacao Pod Colouring/Tracking what you eat sheet made for Happy Mail for Chocolate Lovers Digital Bytes
- Sterling silver half cacao pod necklace
- Watercolour cacao pod stickers
- Sliced cacao pod colouring page made for Happy Mail for Chocolate Lovers Digital Bytes